Thursday, September 01, 2005

Yet another normal day...or is it?

As each day goes on, I grow impatient. I am 20 years old and feel emotionally like I am in my 50's. The things I have been through, the things I have seen, and the experiences that have risen out of my control have changed me. The things I feel are not that of "average" 20 year old. Here I am complaining about my life and not enjoying the fortunate things I do have going for me. I live in a house which I "co-own" with my roommates, not renting like half our neighbors. It is a nice house too, in a nice neighborhood, and on a nice side of town. I have two cars, of which normally only one at a time is running. I have a job in which I know I am not going to get laid off or fired any time soon, if ever. I have a dog that does not destroy everything. I have a ton of friends and a few "relationship options" (of which only one I would really like to persue.)

But yet this is all not good enough. I have things that I want that I know will come with time. But this is where I become impatient and not want to wait. I have been through a lot...and unrelized by me not everyone goes through what I did (what a shocker.) I will just have to wait and be patient. Things I want I do not feel are unreasonable or attainable. I would like to have fincial freedom. That way I could provide for myself and a family, if I should so choose to have one. That is the biggest stress relief in the world...or so I hear. Fincial security leads to many other happy things. Don't get me wrong, I do not want to be a millioniare (although I would not complain about it). I just want to be able to afford the things that I have to, and have money in order to be able to prepare for emergencies. This gives a sense of security that I think everyone should have.

That's enough rambling on for me for now.

Always rememeber this one piece of advice...please don't name your kid David.

-- David

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home