Thursday, September 08, 2005

The Invisible Visible Woman

"I can see, but yet you make me blind." -- David McClain '05

People can control what they do and what they say. But yet there are things that it are much harder for us to control. Our thoughts, our feelings, and our deepest fears or needs. Those are some things that can be overwhelmingly hard to control. And being human means I have flaws and have those "mindsets". There are things that I traditionly wouldn't tell anyone, but yet I feel like you should know. There are things that I feel that I have never felt before. But yet I can not express or say these things because my "logic" and head tell me otherwise. The biggest mistake a man can have is to say things he feels regarding emotions. That is not how I feel, but how it has come across to me that "society" feels we should do. Men are suppose to be the ones that "suppress" there emotions and feelings. But yet it is hard for me to do. I don't see why I shouldn't be able to share my feelings with everyone; and not be judged just because I shared my thoughts. I don't know...I geuss I still have some years left to figure out the world and try to change it.

That's why I write poetry from time to time.

slap
face
Nothing
kick
groin
Nothing
struck
arrow
"Ouch"
-- Me Sept. 8, 2005

Next Post: Beware of the Monsters

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home