Sunday, January 08, 2006

The New Job

My new job at work is interesting to say the least. It is rather unenventful and slow. What I do to pass the time is work on writing "articles" or chapters for a book I want to, no I take that back, I will publish one day. Here is my latest chapter. It is kind of long and might offend some people, but remember, I am me and this is me.


Since the beginning of time, our time from birth, we have been “pre-programmed” to see, feel, believe, and trust certain things. This is because of the current state our society is in. We have predetermined “right and wrongs”, which are not only a great mistake and incorrect, but our outdated and over 2000 years old. These views are only “reaffirmed” by organized religion which focuses on worshiping false ideals.

Now it is time for a correction of these “mystical, outdated views”. It is time for a change in “trajectory” along the path of each of our own adventures. It is time for a correction towards a new paradigm; not just a correction, but more of an expansion of the old. Just as the universe is much larger than we will ever think it is from our original models.

To start off, we have to first justify why we have these same views. The reason is no one that has ever come along, has ever given you sufficient, intelligent, knowledge about your beautiful self. There has been no explanation of how you work from the inside out. Since you were a kid, since even I was a kid, we were informed of what things were and how they were going to be.

Why do you have addictions? I am not talking only about physical addictions, but also about “addictions” to emotions, feelings, our actions, and our thoughts. The reason is you have nothing better. You have dreamt of nothing better because no one has ever taught you to dream that dream. Do I think that makes you or me bad? I don’t think that makes us bad, but I don’t think that we are good either. I think we are gods.

For the average person in the world who lives life and considers their life boring or uninspiring; is because they have made no attempt to gain knowledge and information that will inspire them. They are so “hypnotized” by their environment through the media, through television, and through people living and creating ideals that everybody struggles to become. No one can actually become these “ideals”, in terms of physical appearance and definitions of beauty and valor.

Those are all illusions, that most people surrender and live their life in mediocrity. They may live that life and their soul may never really rise to the surface. They might want to be something else. But if it does rise to the surface and they ask themselves if there is something more; why am I here; or what is the purpose of life; where am I going; what happens when I die. They start to ask themselves those questions, they start to flirt and interact with the perception that they may be having a nervous breakdown. Yet in reality, what they are doing is that their old concepts of how they viewed their life and the world, start to fall apart.

If I change my mind will I change my choices? If I change my choices will my life change? Why can’t I change? What am I addicted too? What will I loose that I am chemically attached too? What person, place, thing, time, or event that I am chemically attached too that I don’t want to loose because I may have to experience the chemical withdraw from that? Hence, the human drama.

It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.

We must overcome these outdated, incorrect “rights and wrongs”. When people do anything in life, most think about it before they do anything. If I do this I am going to get punished by god; if I do the other thing I am going to get rewarded. This is a really poor description that tries to map out a path in life for us to follow, but with deplorable results. There really is no such thing as good or bad. We are judging things far too superficially that way.

Does that mean you are in favor of sin and depravity if you don’t agree? No. It simply means that you need to improve your expression and understanding of what you are dealing with here. There are things that I do and I know that they will evolve me. There are other things that will not evolve me. But it is not good or bad. There is no god waiting to punish you because you did one or the other.

There is no god condemning anyone. Everybody is god. At the same time, god is this sort of place holder name for those parts of our experience of the world, which are somehow transcending, somehow sublime. I have no idea what “god is”. Yet, I have an experience of what “god” really is. There is something very real about this presence called god. I have no idea how to define god or to see god as a person, or a thing. It’s kind of like asking a human being to explain what god is, is similar to asking a fish to explain the water in which the fish swims.

You are “god”. Each and every one of us is a god in the making. You have to walk this path, but someday you need to love the abstract as much as you love the condition of addiction. Remember, the only way that I will ever be great to myself is not what I do to my body, but what I do to my mind. Worshiping any other “god” other than you is blasphemy. You must take control of your own life like you have the power to do.

Next Topic: Here It Is

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home