Saturday, December 24, 2005

I Ramble On Too Much

Although much of what I say is usually "fatalistic venting", there is usually some reason that I write what I write. Looking back over my old posts, even since my first one, I can see a change that I have made in my life. We are always changing, usually and hopefully, for the better. I like to think that as time has gone by that I am changing for the better too; or at least not for the worst. This will be similar to my other posts, with the exception that I hope it will be more positive and inspiring. I take that back, I don't hope it will be, I know it will be. If you read what is written only just to read, then you are not a good reader. If you read and take into consideration what is said, you observe a much deeper, stronger, more powerful and meaningful message that each person tries to portray through writing. That is "inspiration number 1".

"Why do we fall?" I ask each person who just read that sentence to read it one more time. Think for a second before moving on about what I mean. The answer, we fall so we can get up again. Even as a child when we were first learning to walk, we would stand up and walk for a few steps. Everyone would be cheering you on and be so happy, and when you fell everyone was "pushing" you to get up again. You then learned that each time you feel that people would be there when you feel to "push you" or "motivate" you to get back up again. Once you realized that it was nothing great that you were walking, it did not impress anyone we started to run. Again we would fall, but we would be comforted and helped to stand up again only to run away.

This same thing would happen for many different points in our lives. Learning to swim, riding a bike, rollerblading, and other physical activities there would always be someone there to help us or encourage us to get back up. This carries on to more than just "learning physical skills" or training our motor skills. This goes on to relationships, goals (short or long term), and many other "facts of life".

For example: your first crush. Do you remember how it went? Maybe perhaps, the first person you were "in love" with. What happened when things went wrong foul? You had friends and family encouraging you to try someone new. "Oh they are just a jerk." or "What an asshole? They don't deserve you anyway!" You could have heard many of these different things to try to encourage you to get back into "the game"; to give someone or just dating in general another chance.

This is something that from a young age we have been "preprogrammed" to understand and to do. When we fall down, we always got back up again. Each time we "fall" we learn something. Sometimes if we didn't learn, we would fall again, maybe even a few more times. Eventually though, we would learn our lesson and not fall again. We learn from our mistakes and grow stronger. Mistakes is not the right word. We learn from experiences. That is what makes us better people.

I end this post with thoughts of encouragement. I hope that next time you fall, you remember that there will be people to help you up again. People who want to help you and really enjoy seeing you succeed. Here's hoping the next time you fall you bounce up twice as strong as before and better than you have ever been before.

Next Topic: Inspiration or Bullshit

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home