Tuesday, November 22, 2005

More Evidence To My "Theory"

I have a "theory" that I know for a fact that I am not the only one who can see this to be true. My "theory" is that if the "man" in a relationship physically and/or mentally abuses his "partner" that the "partner" will stay with the "man" forever. In example would be that a girl and a guy are in a relationship and the guy constantly treats her like shit; avoids her, yells and screams at her, and constant fighting, she would probably tell others how unhappy she is. However, she stays with him. Perhaps he starts beating her or cheating her. Guess what? Chances are she is still with him and "forgives" him for what he did and blames herself.

Now this does not apply to every single woman on the face of the planet. Yet, I do think if you did a study of relationships that have these things going on or of someone who was in a relationship where such things occurred; you would notice this to be the case most likely more than 90% of the time. I can't tell you the amount of times I, myself, have had people come up to me and talked to me about how "unhappy" they were with the partner and what "evil" things they had done. Yet, they never leave the situations and only allow it to continue and/or get worse.

I was raised to believe that you should never hit a woman. I still believe that today and I would never hit a woman. In fact for the most part I would never hit anyone anyways, because physical fights solve nothing. I was also raised with the mind set that woman want a nice a guy, a guy who treats them right, who takes care of them; not a man that "destroys" them mentally and physically.

The most recent evidence I have to this in an actual publication is the following of which I will include a link to source to it.

"A California woman said she still plans to marry the man who shot her and then held her hostage in his family's garage for six days. Tina Marie Stebbins revealed her intentions in a letter released as her boyfriend, Christian Leroy Lindblad, was sentenced to 20 years in prison for shooting her in June 2002. In her victim impact statement, Stebbins wrote, "I love Christian today as deeply as I loved him before this awful thing happened to us." Describing her boyfriend and herself as "soul mates," Stebbins said she's forgiven Lindblad. The incident occurred at the Big Bear City, Calif., home that the couple shared with Lindblad's parents, who tried to cover up the shooting. They've pleaded guilty to being accessories. Robert and Shirley Lindblad tried to cover up the shooting by treating Stebbins with home remedies, according to a San Bernardino County Sheriff's report. They also reportedly threatened her children and her family."

Link: Woman to wed man who shot her and held her captive.

This is a rather extreme scenario; but yet still shows an example for how far she will go and let someone put her through such things and still wants to be with that person forever.

I this will evoke some "anger", to say the least, in some of the people who will read this. Honestly, I hope it does. When in relationships of any kind, or any situations in life, if you are not happy, why would you continue to allow such things to happen? Especially if there is physical or mental abuse involved. Also I know that many people who this might "anger" them will think or say they are not like that, however, some of them probably are on one level or another. I imagine, and hope, that most people would not allow the physical abuse to occur for sure, but I see tons of unhappy mental abuse occurring. Maybe that "anger" will actually help provoke them for some change in their own lives. I doubt it though.

Next Topic: Family Comes First

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home