Thursday, November 10, 2005

I Make This Look Good

I have applied, interviewed, walked-in, emailed, faxed, and called so many businesses in the past 6 weeks that I don't really feel like talking to another stranger again in my life. But then life wouldn't be exciting, so I got over it quickly. After all after over 7 years of customer service oriented work, I can't throw it all away over a couple of weeks.

I have been, for the most part, not working for around 5 weeks now. The only time I did work was an occasional Friday or Saturday at Minelli's and then of course that one week at Pizzano's. Right now I am definitely feeling the pinch financially, but as I always say, "You'll have that sometimes."

I have run out of reasonable options and have called upon my last resorts, Donato's. I know everyone there and I know I will be able to get 40 hours a week for sure. Although with what I will be making hourly it will definitely put me below poverty level and not even fully pay my bills; it is a job. A job that will at least allow me to put "food on my table" and have gas to drive around town continuing the job hunt.

I have decided that traditional job hunting methods are over rated and out dated. I think what I am going to start doing tomorrow is randomly walking in to companies that I know handle things that I am interested in and "selling myself" to them if they have any open positions. I have more than exhausted my "chain of contacts" to try to find a decent job, and that has left me where I am at right now.

The only thing I can do is to continue to keep a positive attitude around me and try to have fun with the things that are going on. I know I will look back at this time in my life as just another minor detour. I can make it. I will make it.

Next Topic: Frustration Can Be Frustrating

counter hit xanga

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home