Friday, November 04, 2005

Beginning of November Updates

I honestly did not think I would be able to post this soon. I figured with all the things that I had going for me right now that I wouldn't have the time for a few weeks. Apparently, I was very wrong.

Today I woke up and was happy, as I have been for the better part this week and the end of last week. I did not have to work till 4pm today, so that gave me plenty of time to just get some things taken care of I really wanted to. So I did get a lot of things accomplished today.

Then I headed off to work about 3pm. Now I only live about 30 minutes from where I was working today, so I ended up being a half an hour early. Now I didn't need to be there early, and since I am a salaried store manager, the amount of time I put in above and beyond 60 hours a week is up to me. I arrived at work and proceeded to make sure that everything was stocked up and ready to go.

About 5:30 or 6:00 o'clock I was asking which store they wanted me to close at tomorrow night. The store manager for that location asked me to step into the office with her. I did. When we got back to the office she said (with her eyes tearing up, and her starting to shake and then stutter as she talked), "I talked with Jay. (The owner) and he said he doesn't think things were going to work out." I said okay and asked why. She said she had no idea. I said okay, and asked when she wanted me to leave now or wait till the end of the night. All she could was shake her head yes for me to leave now. (I am not sure why she was so nervous or scared about the whole thing.)

I did as I was asked to and I told her that I would wash my shirts and stuff and drop them off in a few days. All her and the other manager did was acknowledge what I said with a nod. I would like to add I was calm and cool, I also extremely nice to them especially in the manner in which I was talking with them. Which I was a little surprised how I handled it calm, cool, and collected.

Now I don't have a job. I just wasted more than a week and over 60 hours at a job that is gone. If you know me well and you had seen me working at this job and the attitude (which was 110% positive), you would have second guessed who I was. I busted my ass of like never before, there was nothing I could do better or different. I have worked in pizza restaurants for over 4 years of my life (not that I am all that proud of that fact), I know how to do everything there. I know what I am doing, the best way to do it, and I learn fast. I knew how to use all the equipment that they had there, better than anyone I might add, and how to make dough, pizzas, subs, you name it. I was never late, not a second, I was early every single day I was there. I was always willing and ready to do anything they asked, and at the same time took the initiative to find things to keep myself productive and busy. But that is life and I have to accept that. Their loss.

The only good thing I can see that has come out of this is that at least tonight I can join my roommates and friends in a little "get together" they were going to have. I guess drinking might make things a little easier for the night. Then again, who knows maybe I become an alcoholic.

I am really confused right now about what happened and trying to find answers why. So I end this post only with the thought that I get to start the "fun task" of job hunting tomorrow.

My Quote of A Life Time: "You'll have that sometimes."

Next Topic: Soon To Be Revealed

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home