Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Tired of Being Sorry (not the excellent song by Ringside)

Ok. I actually was not honest with you. This post is about the great song "Tired of Being Sorry" by Ringside. But it is also about other songs too. Here is just a brief list of some songs that over the past few days (since Friday night) that I have been listening too. These songs are sad and depressing; but they also have hidden meanings and can be empowering. This is just a brief list considering I have over 8,000 songs on my computer. But these are the ones that right now seem to be describe some of the "various" emotions and feelings that are going on through my head.

The following songs are in no particular order of favorites or not. I feel that these songs help me just "feel" right now. The only reason I put this on here is because I am always looking for new music ideas from other people and I like to see what other people listen too also. This way I can, in a way, give back to those who I have taken the same music ideas from. (This is currently labeled as the Break-Up-Mix on my computer for no particular reason other than the songs tend to be more about love, sadness, and getting even with people. The title random sad songs would have worked too.)

Artist -- Title
Ringside -- Tired of Being Sorry
Dashboard Confessional -- Hands Down
Staind -- Zoe Jane
Richard Marx -- Right Here Waiting
Staind -- Right Here Waiting
Ben Harper -- Another Lonely Day
Ben Harper -- She's Only Happy in the Sun
Incubus -- Talk Shows On Mute
Nickleback -- Photograph
Greenday -- Wake Me When September Ends
Three Days Grace -- I Hate Everything About You (Why Do I Love You?)
Snow Patrol -- How To Be Dead
HIM -- Wings of a Butterfly
Black Label Society -- In This River
My Chemical Romance -- Helena
Edwin McCain -- Sorry To A Friend
Tony Rich Project -- Nobody Knows
Richard Marx -- Now and Forever
Enigma -- Once in a Lifetime
Audioslave -- What You Are
Breaking Benjamin -- Rain
Breaking Benjamin -- Sooner or Later
Verve Pipe -- Freshman
Blink 182 -- Adam's Song
Michael Bolton -- How am I Suppose to Live?
Linda Ronstadt and Aaron Neville -- I Don't Know Much (But I Know I Love You)
Expose -- I'll Never Get Over You (Getting Over Me)
Foreigner -- I Want To Know What Love Is
Linda Ronstadt and James Ingram -- Somewhere Out There (for some reason this has been my all time favorite "sad" song since I was a kid)
Heart -- These Dreams
Bonnie Tyler -- Total Eclipse of the Heart
James Ingram -- I Don't Have the Heart
Cher -- Strong Enough

Okay. I know there are probably some "mis-titles" or "mis-authored" songs listed above. But to the best of my knowledge those names are accurate. You should also notice that it is quite a mix of different genres and time periods of music. I enjoy all types of music, but I seem to notice that music from the early 90's or anytime in the 80's seem to best suit my "sadder" moods. Let me know what you think and if you have any song suggestions of any type feel free to let me know.

Next Topic: Day One

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home